“DESIGNATED B.C. PRIVATE TRAINING INSTITUTIONS BRANCH & Shield Design mark is a certification mark owned by the Government of British Columbia and used under license.”
» Aeroplane Flight Test Guides
PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE - AEROPLANES
Total Cost $12625 CAD Including Ground Classes 40 Hrs $500, Duel Flying 40 Hrs $7800, Solo Flying 25 Hrs $3525, Ground Briefing 15 Hrs $800.(Taxes and Exam free Extra)
• Be at least 17 years of age at the completion of course;
• Be the holder of a category 1 or 3 medical certificates after a medical examination by Canadian Aviation Medical Examiner.
Have undertaken a minimum of 40 hours of Private Pilot Aeroplane Ground School instruction on the following subjects (Ref: CARs 421.26)
1. AIR LAW • Canadian Aviation Regulations • Licensing Requirements
2. NAVIGATION • Navigation • Radio and Electronic Theory
3. METEOROLOGY • Meteorology
4. AERONAUTICS AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE • Airframe, Engines and Systems • Aerodynamics and Theory of Flight • Flight Instruments • Flight Operations • Human Factors and Pilot Decision-Making
Obtain a minimum of 60% in each of the four subject areas and 60% overall on the Transport Canada Private Pilot Written Examination (PAPER).
This exam is of 100 questions, multiple choices and can be written in either English or French.
Practical Knowledge: To hold the Private Pilot License, a minimum of 45 hours of flight training must be accomplished in aeroplanes. A maximum of 5 hours of these 45 hours may be conducted in approved plane flight simulator.
• At least 17 of these hours must be dual. Included within these dual hours must be a minimum of 3-hour cross-country flight and five hours of instrument time, of which a maximum of 3 hours be accomplished in a simulator.
• The candidate must also have a minimum of 12 hours solo experience including a minimum of 5 hours cross-country. Private Pilot Flight Test:
• Upon reaching the required skill level, the candidate will complete a Private Pilot Flight Test to the standards outlined in the Flight Test Standard Guide (TP2655E)
• The flight test is conducted by a Transport Canada Designated Flight Test Examiner.
All applicants are required to demonstrate language proficiency by successfully completing the Language Proficiency Exam with a Designated Language Examiner