PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE - AEROPLANES
* Age: An applicant shall be a minimum of 17 years of age.
* Medical Fitness: The license is maintained by a valid Category 1 or 3 MedicalCertificate.
- Overall written examination Private Pilot Licence - Aeroplane (PAER):
- Completed a minimum of 40 hours private pilot airplane ground schoolinstruction
- Obtained a minimum of 60% in each of the following four mandatory subject areas as
well as in the
An applicant shall have completed a minimum of 45 hours private pilot flight training in
airplanes under the direction and supervision of the holder of a Flight
Instructor Rating - Aeroplane.
- The flight training shall include a minimum of:
(i) 17 hours dual instruction flight time
(ii) 12 hours solo flight time,
* Skill: Within the 12 months preceding the date of application for the license, an
the applicant shall successfully complete a flight test as for the Issuance of a Private
Pilot Licence – Aeroplane”
PRIVATE PILOTS LICENSE ESTIMATED COST:
Ground School: 40 Hrs. $ 12.50 $500.00 (OR ONLINE $275)
Dual Flying: 22 Hrs. $ 195.00 $ 4,290.00
solo Flying (PIC): 23 Hrs. $ 141.00 $ 3,243.00
Ground Briefing: 15 Hrs. $ 53.30 $ 800.00
Total $8833.00 ($8608 If ONLINE GROUND)
(Please remember that these prices are approximate and based on minimum Transport Canada requirements. The length of training needed depends on several factors and costs will vary accordingly. Prices plus tax where applicable. Aircraft costs will fluctuate based on fuel prices.
CESSNA 172 PRICE SOLO $141, DUEL $195 CESSNA 152 PRICE SOLO $136 DUEL $186
It's very important to remember that all these are minimum requirements by Transport Canada.
If any student exceeds these requirements due to their performance, the student will have to pay extra for any additional training. Any additional training will be charged at the same hourly rates as mentioned above. Pricing is subject to change.
' The students must undergo Written Test and Flight Test. The cost of these exams and tests will be borne by the student. An approximate of $ 550 CAD for the written and the flight test.
All Prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD).The above Prices do not include Taxes.
If you have previous flight experience, then these records should be traceable and acceptable to Transport Canada and will be credited subject to Transport Canada rules and regulations.
For Medical: - http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/came-meac/l.aspx?lang=engFor Licence requirements: - https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part4-standards-standard421-173.htm