“DESIGNATED B.C. PRIVATE TRAINING INSTITUTIONS BRANCH & Shield Design mark is a certification mark owned by the Government of British Columbia and used under license.”
COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE
• Be at least 18 years of age at the completion of course;
• Be the holder of a category 1 medical certificate after a medical examination by Canadian Aviation Medical Examiner.
• Must POSSESS a Canadian Private Pilot License Aeroplane or any contracting state.
Theoretical Knowledge: Have undertaken a minimum of 80 hours of Commercial Pilot Aeroplane Ground School instruction on the following subjects (Ref: CARs 421.30)
1. AIR LAW
• Canadian Aviation Regulations
• Licensing Requirements
• Radio and Electronic Theory
4. AERONAUTICS AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
• Airframe, Engines, and Systems
• Aerodynamics and Theory of Flight
• Flight Instruments
• Flight Operations
• Human Factors and Pilot Decision-Making
Upon completion of the above ground school, obtain a minimum of 60% pass mark in each of the four mandatory subjects areas and 60% overall on a written Transport Canada Examination (CPAER). This exam consists of 100 questions, multiple choice and can be written in either English or French.
1. To hold a Commercial Pilot License, the candidate must have acquired a minimum of 200 hours flight time in an aeroplane, of which a minimum of 100 hours must be Pilot in Command (PIC) including 20 hours PIC cross-country flight time.
2. A minimum of 65 hours of Commercial Pilot Flight Training in aeroplanes consisting of a minimum of (Ref: CARs 421.30) • 35 hours of dual instruction including:
5 hours night, of which 2 hours must be cross-country
5 hours cross-country, which can include the above night cross country
20 hours of instrument flight training of which a maximum of 10 hours can be accomplished in an approved flight training simulator
35 hours of solo flight time including o Minimum 300 NM cross-country
Cost of Commercial pilot Course is $22,725.00 including:-
Ground Classes 80Hrs,Duel Flying 35 Hrs,Solo flying 100 Hrs,Ground Briefing 15 Hrs (Applicable taxes,Transport Canada Exam fees Extra)
GST5% PST 7%
Commercial Pilot Flight Test:
Upon reaching the required skill level, the candidate will complete a Commercial Pilot Flight Test with a Transport Canada Designated Flight Test Examiner to standards outlined in the Flight Test Standard Guide (TP2655E)
» Aeroplane Flight Test Guides